On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 16:24:54 +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:

> On 28/09/11 21:25, � wrote:

(...)

> Are you serious? Maybe you should warn the w3.org they need to update
> their documentation?

Serious about what?

>>> "Angry Birds"  belongs in the same bucket as Silverlight and
>>> Fffacebook.
>>
>> How can be that? AB is a game, SL is a plugin and FB is a social
>> network.
>
> I have a special (Circular Repurposing And Purging) bucket, (for all
> types of rubbish), like Facebook, Silverlight, and Angry Birds, there's
> even copies of MS Vista and ME in there.

Consider enlarging your bucket, as this is only the principle of the new
era.

> You put Angry Birds, HTML 5, and the Canvas element in the same
> sentence, as if they're all related..... and you look at me like I'm a
> dog that's just been shown a card trick?

Yes, because they are all related.

> How can that be?
> A. the Canvas element has been supported by Apple's Webkit since 2004.

I also do read the wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canvas_element

But this is not related to Firefox nor its ability to render html5 code.

> B. HTML 5 is not a finalised standard *yet*.

It's a working draft. It seems that you don't have a minimal knowledge of
how W3C manages its specs.

> There are two versions of the Angry Birds game.

What the hell are you talking about? I was referring to this:

http://chrome.angrybirds.com/

> The on developed for Apple. It uses the Canvas element. HTML 5 is not a
> standard yet. When it is, it will most likely support Apple's Canvas
> Element to some degree.
>
> The other, more recent, version, was developed for Google. Part of the
> development contract was that portions be exclusive "for the Google
> Chrome Browser". It uses the Canvas Element - which is supported by some
> browsers. It will never be fully supported by all browsers - even when
> HTML 5 is finalized (by design).

Okay, so you were not aware that it can be played with any browser that
supports the canvas element. Fine. Now you know.

>>> Lots of people use and want them - just like lots of people believe in
>>> little green people in flying saucers... oh, hang on - it's the same
>>> people.
>>
>> Sigh... I'm afraid you tried to connect the points by following the
>> numbers in the wrong order.
>
> When you find:-
> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 5.0//EN"> as a tag, then you can
> start testing browsers for HTML 5 support.
>
> Until then - we're just trying to nail smoke to the wall.

(...)

That's simply not true.

Html is flexible and polivalent enough to start using part of a wowking
draft spec "now" while keeping compatibility with html4/xhtml. Wake up!

Greetings,

--
Camaleón