Camaleón <noela...@gmail.com> writes:

> Please, people... when you cite any document/source that you've found on
> Internet also put the link you are referring to, so we can check ;-)

I did intend to include that but forgot it in the end.

http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde3.html

Note is says but kde3 but its really up to 4.4 on the page cited.

I found better advice here:
http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde4.html

But so far having a poor experience with KDE.  When I get logged in
there are no menus/panels or anything other than a black screen.

I got an xterm running because I had some key combos using xbindkeys.

Anything I start slams up into the top right corner.  The title bar is
just out of reach so it cannot be moved.  If I open something else,
then it slams into the right corner.

When I did aptitude install kde-full there were dozens of pkgs
installed and maybe 12-20 removed.  Installs came to over 100 and yet
with all that muck installed KDE will not start and run normally.

So I'm back in fluxbox wondering what to do about it all.  I didn't
really want to tackle a whole lot of huffing and puffing.  Someone
told me you could zoom into your screen and there by end up with a
large pannable space to work in.

So far its just a silly non-working mess.  I'm now wondering how to
get rid of all the useless junk that got installed.

None of it will be usable on a desktop that piles everything in the top
left corner and renders it non-movable... means you can only see one
app at a time