On 09/10/11 03:24, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Am Samstag, 8. Oktober 2011 schrieb Scott Ferguson:
>> Fortunately Lenny is still available - for some purposes I still use
>> it. I doubt all support for it will end any time soon (hopefully). The
>> beauty of Debian - we get a lot of choices.
>
> One year after the release of Squeeze - if the security team uses the
> usual times. So thats not too far off.

I understand the official timetable - I moved to Squeeze (for the most
part) earlier this year so we would have time to adapt, before official
support ended.

Given Trinity, and the amount of people reluctant to embrace KDE4, I
still wouldn't be surprised if (unofficial) support is extended. I note
that there are vendors that provide (partial) support for Sarge (and
even early releases), as they use it for their products (embedded
firewall devices etc).
It's not something I'd bank on, nor is it likely to be production grade
support.

Cheers