On 28 October 2011 15:20, Ralf Mardorf wrote
> I don't know PCLinuxOS, but I'm sure it won't work OOTB for all needs.
>
> People might read the list's archive, so please don't write such
> careless generalisations.

Yours is the careless generalisation.  This was in reply to a specific
poster and in answer to a specific question and was a very sensible
suggestion.  PCLinuxOS is a very good distro for someone switching
from Windows, as the OP is.  And the reply which occasioned your
rudeness said that PCLinux is usually a good distro for a beginner,
and I entirely agree.

You say that you have not read the thread, so how come you are in a
position to comment on someone's reply, especially to comment so
rudely.

If, in addition to not reading the thread, you have never seen
PCLinuxOS, how on earth can you consider yourself qualified to have an
opinion?

Lisi