-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Camaleón [mailto:noela...@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Sa 11/12/2011 12:51
An: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Betreff: Re: AW: Is GNOME 2 panel still in unstable?

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 11:59:38 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

(...)

> OT: Are there any users who like GNOME 3 or Unity? I already don't like
> KDE 4. I was a KDE 3 user, resp. since years i'm a GNOME 2 user, anyway,
> "until now" KDE 4 might be not that worth as GNOME 3 already is.
> Hopefully XFCE, LXDE, Fluxbox etc. will become similar to GNOME 2
> without beeing that buggy as e.g. E17 is.

Ralf... I'll say it in few words.

For those who don't like how GNOME3 looks like or how it behaves, start
thinking in switching to another DE or WM. GNOME3 with its gnome-shell is
here to stay, we like it or not, and I think the fallback mode will be
removed sooner or later so do not trust much on it.

For those -like me- who were a bit reluctant to the change, I'll just say
it is a matter of time to get GNOME3 and gnome-shell the way we like.
Debian has now gnome-shell 3.0 which is the first of the available
versions for the new DE, gnome-shell 3.2 will be by far more configurable
and gnome-shell 3.4 will be even better to customize.

All we can think it can be done, the shell relies on text based files so
creating new themes won't be a very difficult task and mutter (the
composite window manager) in join with clutter (the graphics stack) are
both very extensible by means of chunks of javascript/python/ruby code so
I'd expect to be also highly tweakable.

Greetings,

Hi Camaleón, hi everybody else :)

at the moment the fallback mode looks promising.

This weekend might become a weekend of snapshot-backups and restores. I still
haven't installed gnome-core for version 3, regarding to the dependency
pulseaudio. Perhaps I'll start with a dummy package for pulseaudio or something
similar.

Thanx to everybody,

Ralf