On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Camaleón <noela...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 12:22:17 -0500, Tom H wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 5:43 AM, Camaleón <noela...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 14:47:33 -0500, Douglas Saylor wrote:
>>>
>>> (...)

>>> Apple products are so closed, so limited and so restricted that renders
>>> you hardware into a beatiful brick.
>>
>> Closed, yes.
>>
>> A brick, no.
>>
>> Limited and restrictive are relative notions...
>
> It's all relative... But to my eyes, Apple devices are just beautiful
> bricks, plenty of traps with an invisible and "costly" price (and I'm not
> speaking about $). I cannot feel confortable with a company policy that
> prevents the movements of the users for their products in the way Apple
> does.

>From a FOSS religious perspective, Apple products could be considered
bricks but from the practical perspective of 99% of computer users who
want to connect to networks, share out files, surf the web, receive
and send email, play A/V files locally or through their browsers, read
and edit word/spreadsheet/PDF/presentation documents, Apple, Linux,
and Windows are just as suited to their needs and requirements.