El 2011-11-15 a las 14:18 -0600, Dennis Wicks escribió:

(sir, you are replying to me directly not to the list...)

> Whjat I am talking about are *workspaces* not *panels*. They are not the
> same. You did in fact give me the URL for workspaces, but what you keep
> referring to are panels which are covered at
>  http://library.gnome.org/users/user-guide/2.32/panels.html.en

I know what I say, what I'm not sure is about what you are saying :-)

(...)

>>> My problem isn't the panels, it is the workspaces.
>>
>> What do you mean by "workspace"?
>
> I mean "workspace" not "panel"

You will have to specify then because I was also talking about that...

>> I mean this:
>>
>> http://library.gnome.org/users/user-guide/2.32/overview-workspaces.html.en
> Yes, that is what I mean, but that is *not* what you are talking about.

I think you are not understanding what I'm trying to tell you.

> You are talking about
> http://library.gnome.org/users/user-guide/2.32/panels.html.en
>
> which are not at all the same thing.

Uh, oh, well... yes, I know what a panel is and what a workspace is (or
so I hope...). Now back to your original request:

***
Somehow the workspace manager and the index which appeared
at the lower right of the screen have disappeared.
***

Workspace manager is an applet that you can add to the panel. If the
applet is not there anymore, then you will have to add it again. it's
simple :-)

>> Can you please upload, attach or point to an Internet image so we can
>> see what are you referring about?
> No, because I have lost mine.

Your desktop is not needed because Internet is full of images with
gnome desktops showing the workspace manager, just make a search and
send us the URL ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón