> De : Paul Isambert <zappathus...@free.fr>
> Ouch. That means uninstalling/reinstalling Debian, since I can't update via
> the network (or I'll really have to buy ethernet cord). Perhaps another
> solution will be proposed? If it comes to reinstalling, then I'll do so, but
> I'd prefer not to.

No, you never need to reinstall Debian, even disconnected: you can use
apt-offline.
I never used it since I always had internet connectivity when installing
systems.

Look here: http://apt-offline.alioth.debian.org/

I think it is well documented, but I can quickly depict its principle:
 - on Debian, get information about installed packages,
 - copy the result to a removable media, such as an usb stick,
 - on any other place/system (windows 7 for you), install apt-offline
 - then ask apt-offline to get the packages you need (the two I mentionned in
my previous e-mail), it will fetch them for you and their dependencies as well,
 - copy the packages to your removable media,

Or:
 - buy an ethernet cord!

Nicolas