On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 00:59:59 +0800, lina wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 12:49 AM, Camaleón <noela...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Broadcom's STA upstream driver is available here:
>>
>> http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php
>>
>> But true is that is not listing BCM4331 chipset as "supported".
>
> Yes. I am not confident to fix the wireless issue from the packages
> which hasn't become relatively stable yet.

I think you're best bet would be compiling/installing an updated kernel.
Just in case you need a wireless connection at some time...

It's easy and have no side effects: if it works, perfect, you can use it
on you every day work. If it doesn't and/or does not fit your
expectations and/or generates extra problems, remove it and keep Debian
stock's one :-)

> That's why I am a bit hesitating and waiting (and also another voice in
> mind asking me to do a try),
> another reason is that I have cable connections, so not urgent to have
> the wireless worked.

In such case (having an extra wired connection available and no need to
use a wifi link) you can take a bag of popcorn, grab a seat and patiently
wait.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón