On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 10:05:57PM +0000, Walter Hurry wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 23:26:38 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> >> This what I have as part of my ~/.fetchmailrc
> >>
> >> poll     pop.googlemail.com proto    pop3 service  995 user
> >> justforme password something_longish ssl
> >
> > Just something that might not be obvious in Brian's example: the
> > username must always be your complete e-mail address.
> >
> Yep. Mine looks like:
>
> poll imap.gmail.com protocol imap tracepolls:
> user 'walterhu...@gmail.com', with password '<hidden>', is walter here
> options ssl
>
> Obviously OP would need to change the server being polled to the POP3
> one, as well as the protocol (though the reason why people want to use
> POP3 when IMAP is available escapes me).

I had problems with fetchmail and gmail pop3. emails would start being
missed after undeleted emails hit about 600. By 1000 undeleted emails,
nothing was being downloaded. I don't remember if emails were being marked.
Fixed it by changing to IMAP.

--
Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody