> > On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 11:38:26 +0000 <noela...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Gnome classic is a new name for the fallback mode. Different name, same
> > thing so gnome classic has the days counted :-)

So they dropped "fallback mode", but they add "gnome classic" :D. Is it
still wasting as much resources as fallback mode did? Molybdomancy: Next
time they'll event a thingy to keep faces, that will be nothing more or
less than old faithful GNOME2. The nv driver isn't maintained anymore,
some distros keep the latest, others, e.g. Debian dropped it. Since
nouveau and even the proprietary driver cause pain for even some
current, often used Nvidia graphics and additionally many people still
prefer an old faithful desktop workflow, instead of a "mobile feeling",
GNOME2 will try to come back.
Until now KDE and GNOME were the major DEs for Linux. "The Times They
Are A-Changin'", KDE and Xfce will be the DEs that will lead in the near
future.
GNOME already is dead :p. Also to bear in mind, many people swamp
mailing list, because of audio issues, regarding to pulseaudio, because
they guess PA is needed by GNOME3. It isn't :D.

At the moment I don't like any Linux distro, since all try to be as
opportunistic as possible, but the users aren't :p.

FWIW I won an iPad, it's not delivered until now. I suspect that this
will be a similar pain as GNOME3 is, since Android shouldn't work OOTB
with this Apple thingy. Btw. I don't know Android, perhaps it's more
worse than those proprietary thingies, but I don't think so.

Résumé: GNOME3 might emulate the workflow of some bad Apple and
Microsoft systems, but why should the Linux community allow to be
assimilated by the Borg?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b2/Borg_insignia.png/100px-Borg_insignia.png

;)
Ralf