Hello!

I'm wondering if anyone has had any problems setting up phpbb2
(http://phpbb2.com) with PostgreSQL on a woody box.

I am consistently getting error messages along the lines of

Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL 1: IDENT
authentication failed for user "dan" in /var/www/boards/db/postgres7.php
on line 79
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

which would lead someone to think that Postgres is not running, however
as nmap clearly shows :

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ nmap intermission

Starting nmap 3.45 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2003-10-04 18:15
MDT
Interesting ports on intermission (192.168.0.25):
(The 1647 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
PORT     STATE SERVICE
9/tcp    open  discard
13/tcp   open  daytime
22/tcp   open  ssh
25/tcp   open  smtp
37/tcp   open  time
80/tcp   open  http
110/tcp  open  pop-3
111/tcp  open  rpcbind
443/tcp  open  https
5432/tcp open  postgres

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 1.113 seconds
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$

Postgres as well as all the web services required are.

If anyone has any ideas at all, please let me know.  I am trying to
migrate a small site from one box to another, and this is the only thing
holding me back right now.

Thanks in advance

Dan Roscoe