Hello Baruch,

Baruch <whatmeurg...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> My guess is that this is a bug somewhere in the 'alternatives' system, and
> that it is (against my wishes) trying to force me to have a graphical browser
> installed.

Probably not.

> Against what package should I file the bug? (FWIW - debian wheezy)

Probably against none.

iceweasel (and epiphany-browser) both provide two virtual packages,
www-browser and gnome-www-browser. Try

$ aptitude why www-browser
$ aptitude why gnome-www-browser
$ aptitude why iceweasel

to find out why these package need to be provided on your system at
the moment.

Best regards,

Claudius

PS: Does somebody know something similiar for apt-get? rdepends is
not exactly the same thing as why.
--
A shortcut is the longest distance between two points.
Please use GPG: ECB0C2C7 4A4C4046 446ADF86 C08112E5 D72CDBA4