see below.

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 05:46, Chris Bannister
<cbannis...@slingshot.co.nz>wrote:

> [Please!, don't top post in this mailing list.]
>
> On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 12:36:38AM -0400, Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen
> wrote:
> > Hola!
> >
> > I- m starting to get desperate! I found lots of instructions on the
> > web about how to solve this, but none of them works.  Example, I
> > founmd this
> >
> > In grub press e ton edit options
> > add to init options
> >
> > init=/bin/sh
> > RET
> > press b to boot
> > Then mount -o remount,rw /
> > passwd kjetil
> > (repeating new password twice)
> > exec init
>
> Instead of changing your password like that, what I'd do is after "mount
> -o remount,rw" I'd "vim /etc/passwd" and take out the x for root:
>
> i.e before:
> root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash
>
> after
> root::0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash
>
> save it, (make sure it saved ok.) then reboot.
>
> You should now be able to login as root without needing a password
> and investigate from there.
>
> Does that work?

Thanks. So far not .

Several problems:

¿Whats the point with the line init=/bin/sh     ?

It does not seem to work, I am dropped into bash

¿shoud I remove the x in /etcv/passwd or in /etc/shadow  or in both?

so far I tried in /etc/passwd
and it does not work.

Kjetil