On Jo, 05 apr 12, 12:49:34, Antonio Fernández Pérez wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I would like to get that a graphical application developed in Java runs on
> startup of a Debian machine, if is possible without menu, without login
> panel and without system messages. Obviously without update messages.
>
> I would to get a machine that works with this app on startup like as a
> information point center. Do you understand me?
>
> I hope your help because I don't know if this is possible to do in Linux
> Debian. I know that in Windows is possible but is more expensive than to do
> it in Linux (Licenses).

There is more than one way to do it :)

Basically there are three things you need to accomplish:

A. automatic login for a specific user[1]
B. automatic start of X
C. start of the application you want (and nothing else)

A. and B. are easily solved with nodm.

For C. the typical advice is to use ~/.xinitrc, but I prefer to add the
program as the default alternative to x-session-manager (see the manpage
for update-alternatives).

[1] as far as I can tell, that user should be locked down. At a minimum
create a new user and add to other groups (like audio) only if really
needed.

Hope this helps,
Andrei