On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 15:47:51 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:

>> > Yes it does! That is what bottom posting is.
>>
>> No sir, is just the name what is misleading. "Bottom posting" also
>> applies for an inline style. Regardless its name, the main idea remains
>> the same: the reply goes below of the text you are responding.
>
> So what's it called when you plonk everything at the bottom, oops sorry,
> at the very end? End posting?

That's also "bottom posting". No need to reinvent the wheel all the time.

>> > There is also "conversation style" or "interleaved style" which is
>> > the tried and proven preferred way for mailing lists; i.e the style
>> > you and many others use.
>>
>> That's also bottom posting ;-)
>
> No, you are confused.

(...)

That's *your* own interpretation of a well-defined well-known concept and
of course, *you* can call them as you wish. I prefer to stick to what
everybody else understand for it, which BTW, has been referenced in this
same thread (by me), in a form of link to Wikipedia article about this
issue:

***
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Bottom-posting

In the "bottom-posting" style, the reply is appended to a full or partial
copy of the original message. The name bottom-posting is sometimes used
for inline-style replies, and indeed the two formats are the same when
only one point is being replied to.
***

> Therefore, it makes sense to have *THREE* different definitions.
> correct?

(...)

Not at all when two of them (inline and bottom posting) share 99% of
their features. Feel free to edit the Wikipedia article to match your own
opinion ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón