On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 18:04:13 +0300, Mika Suomalainen wrote:

> I am now asking this question for the third time, but now in separate
> thread.

For the "third" time? Then is that I missed it. You did the right move by
opening a new thread :-)

> As this list seems to be against GPG INLINE signatures,

Uh? First notice I have :-?

I recognize it's annoying to delete the extra text when replying to PGP/
GPG inline messages but I can live with that.

> I have promised to move to S/MIME (with devices which support it) when
> someone on this list tells me how do I manually verify PGP/MIME
> signature in case email client cannot be used to do it.

You don't have to move on S/MIME if you don't want.

> Example case would be verifying message from mailing list archives. I
> will also move to PGP/MIME if anyone on this list admits my point that
> it's easier to verify GPG INLINE manually than PGP/MIME.

(...)

Dude, use whatever you like most, if someone complaints that's up to them
(unless there's some hidden rule/policy for this I'm not aware of) ;-)

Anyway, openssl's smime should be able to verify the signature. As per
the man page:

***
The smime command handles S/MIME mail. It can encrypt, decrypt, sign and
verify S/MIME messages.
***

There are some usage samples at the bottom of the page.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón