Hi,

I used dragon player with phonon-backend-xine and it was working fine. However,
since phonon-backend-xine had been deprecated in wheezy, I installed
phonon-backend-gstreamer and removed phonon-backend-xine. The result is that
dragon player is no longer able to play videos (mp4s), dragon player starts up
and just shows blank square instead of the video. Tried the vlc backed with the
same non-working result.

Any ideas? Thanks

$ aptitude show dragonplayer
Package: dragonplayer
State: installed
Automatically installed: yes
Version: 4:4.7.4-2
Section: video

$ aptitude show  phonon-backend-gstreamer
Package: phonon-backend-gstreamer
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 4:4.6.0.0-1