On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 02:04:34PM +0100, Sven Hoexter wrote:
Hi,

> since about December we see machines where interactive ssh sessions hang or
> logins are no longer possible. The machine itself is still alive and
> using ssh without pseudo terminal allocation works fine (ssh -T).

To follow this up (I only received one private reply so far), I've
filled bug #670398 with more information.

Short summary: I currently think it's an issue with Intel Nehalem CPUs.
So far we've evidence for the following CPUs (all Lynnfield as far as I know):
- X3430
- X3450
- L3426

In case someone experiences those issue on CPUs beyond the
3400 series I'd be interested to know about that.

HTH
Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.