On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 02:12:57AM +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 07:08:53PM -0400, Rob Owens wrote:
> > Here is the thread where I asked about maintaining compatibility.  I
> > guess Christian Marillat either made a mistake or changed his mind.

This explains the problem a bit better:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-multimedia-maintainers/2012-April/thread.html#25867

Unfortunately, I yhink you will have to check each libray version and see
where the incompatibility lies.

As far as I can tell, the pkg-multimedia-maintainers have given up
trying to be compatible.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X