On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 16:47:50 +1000, Paul Nulandorn wrote:

> On Fri, 2012-06-08 at 15:38 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Fri, 08 Jun 2012 10:46:09 -0400, Patrick Wiseman wrote:

>> > As I just reported, I'm, as of yesterday (I think), seeing the same
>> > behavior, and I'm using Xfce, not Gnome. So I'm thinking something
>> > way under the hood is broken, but I have no clue how to figure out
>> > what. For me, it's just an annoyance.
>>
>> The OP seems to be using the stable branch so unless a security update
>> had broken something I can't imagine what could have caused it :-?
>>

> Yes, I am using stable and I have applied to security updates but I'm
> probably not up to date with them.

The thing is that as you are using stable, the only updates you receive
are coming from the security repo and this usually does not make any
changes in the packages that can lead to your problem.

Test with a new user to check if the screen is also blanking for him and
if so, review your monitor energy saving settings; some brands and eco
displays allows to set the power management directly from the buttons and
we tend to forgot about it :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón