On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 12:34:49 +0200 "Alberto Fuentes
 alberto.fuen...@qindel.com" suggested this:

>If you dont have any raid and it changed names for you too maybe is
>not just my raid case :S

I don't have any raid aL.

My external hard drive mounts with UUID and also says that /media/usb0
is mounted:

mount: /dev/sdb1 already mounted or /media/usb0 busy
mount: according to mtab, /dev/sdb1 is mounted on /mnt/lpics

So I can't just put in a usbstick and mount it via /media/usb0, I have
to write an entry for the usbstick in /etc/fstab.

If the external, usb port hard drive is not mounted, and unplugged I'm
able to just put a usbstick into a port and mount it
through /media/usb0?

All a bit incestuous, but there it is.

Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government
when it deserves it. --Mark Twain