On 15/06/12 12:42 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-06-16 at 04:36 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:51:03PM -0400, KS wrote:
>>> I might actually end up giving the machine to the owner with Linux
>>> slapped on it :p
>>>
>>> ..... searching for options now.
>>
>> Just say its the new Windows 8, :)
>
> :D
>
> Windows 8 Server Pro without the need for unified extensible firmware
> interface featuring hardware.

Searching on Gateway site I found that the "eRecovery Management"
software can start using Alt+F10 at boot time. That worked perfectly
fine except that it didn't give me an option to choose the language and
installed Windows 7 in French! The first install gives option of
English/French in Canada and I expected it would do the same on recovery.

Result: "borrowed" another Win7 Home Premium x64 for install and swapped
the key to original.

Advantage: no crapware from Gateway and gave away a 2.5" new HDD at cost.

Thanks everyone for the inputs.
/KS