On 29/06/12 03:53, Csanyi Pal wrote:
Hi,

on my system I have enabled bootlogd: in /etc/default/bootlogd I have:
BOOTLOGD_ENABLE=Yes

but the /var/log/boot

file has timestamp dec 27  2011

so it seem's that bootlogd doesn't work. Why not?

This may sound like a silly question, but do you have the bootlogd package installed?

I ask, because around that time bootlogd was split off from sysvinit-utils into a seperate package, which isn't installed by default.

dom@oz:~$ zcat /usr/share/doc/sysvinit-utils/NEWS.Debian.gz

  bootlogd has moved from sysvinit-utils to a separate bootlogd
  package. If you wish to continue using bootlogd, please install the
  bootlogd package.
  Note that the configuration file /etc/default/bootlogd and its option
  BOOTLOGD_ENABLE no longer exist; if you do not wish to run bootlogd,
  remove the bootlogd package.

 -- Josh Triplett <j...@joshtriplett.org>  Mon, 19 Dec 2011 12:03:08
 +0000

--