On 20120712_102219, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Camaleón wrote:
> > Shouldn't be (or "wouldn't be nice to have", I don't want to sound too
> > agressive) a dedicated mailing list for this purpose? I mean, for testing
> > how messages will appear before getting into the real "dangerous jungle"
> > and don't disturbing "the beasts" (groaar!) :-)
>
> That would be a welcome addition to the mailing lists.  Then instead
> of saying that there are 3,000 members on this mailing list and
> therefore a level of noise reduction is needed, don't send test
> messages to it, we could say please send them to the debian-list-test
> or some such mailing list instead.
>
> Bob

If this new list ever gets implemented, I suggest that it have some
special features, which might reduce the resource drain:

1) There be no archive of messages posted to this special list.

2) Any messages posted to this special list are bounced only to
the sender and not to any other subscribers.

;-\

--
Paul E Condon
pecon...@mesanetworks.net