On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 22:22:40 +0900, DragonDon wrote:

> I have setup logrotate and forgot to setup the cron job.

Mmm, I don't recall that's needed :-?

> Part of my troubleshooting was to run it manually but I get a bunch of
> permission errors http://paste.debian.net/179771/.

I think permission errors were because you first run the command as a
plain user.

And these:

dragondon@FireBreather:~$ sudo /usr/sbin/logrotate -f /etc/logrotate.conf
error: error creating output file /var/log/exim4/mainlog.1.gz: File exists
error: error creating output file /var/log/fail2ban.log.1.gz: File exists
error: error creating output file /var/log/syslog.1.gz: File exists
error: error creating output file /var/log/daemon.log.1.gz: File exists
error: error creating output file /var/log/kern.log.1.gz: File exists
error: error creating output file /var/log/auth.log.1.gz: File exists
error: error creating output file /var/log/user.log.1.gz: File exists
error: error creating output file /var/log/debug.1.gz: File exists
error: error creating output file /var/log/messages.1.gz: File exists
error: error creating output file /var/log/tor/log.1.gz: File exists

I also guess that's the expected when the archived files already exist.

> I was running it manually with 'sudo  /usr/sbin/logrotate -f
> /etc/logrotate.conf'
>
> Help?

It's not clear to me what's the problem here :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón