Am Donnerstag, 26. Juli 2012 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> On Wed, 2012-07-25 at 23:38 +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> > >

> > > Definitely not for wheezy, it's already frozen. As I understand
> > > from  lurking on -devel, the plan is to demote sysvinit from
> > > Essential as soon as the wheezy+1 development cycle starts, to
> > > allow admins to experiment with systemd or upstart.
> >

> > Just to clarify, the removal of the Essential status from sysvinit
> > changes nothing--it's pointless and doesn't affect experimentation
> > with systemd or upstart, both of which can be used as a sysvinit
> > replacement right now.  It will just make some of the dependencies
> > slightly cleaner, but is only a tiny detail.
[…]
> I'm sceptical, but to be fair, I never tested systemd myself.

So what you are actually trying to say?

Is there any real argument you have to make?

I am not decided whether systemd is suitable for a replacement and I know
technical arguments like its Linux only and I found some limitations
myself like its init script compabitibility does not take care of further
initscript arguments like for openvpn initscript to tell it which VPN to
start due to not supporting something like this at its design level, but I
do not see what trek and trivia add to the discussion.