Hi,

I have two identical hard drives, one HD contains a bootable wheezy
installation and I'd like to clone it to the other HD. My first idea was to use
"dd" but since grub2 uses disk IDs in /boot/grub/devices.map and /etc/fstab
then once the disk is cloned it probably will not boot, unless I fix the
entries in the above files. To fix the files I need to know disk IDs and
partition UUIDs... not sure how to get them. Is there an easier way to clone a
bootable disk without editing grub2 and fstab files?

Thanks