James Allsopp <jamesaalls...@googlemail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I think I had a similar problem. To solve the problem first you need
> to set up a bridge, there's instructions in lots of places on how to

Yes, and how do I get shorewall to work with that?

> Then you need to alter the VM's xml file,

Oh I don't have one yet.  It seems I need the bridge interface before
creating the VM, and I can't set that up before understanding this
bridge thing and how to get it to work with shorewall (unless I just use
the currently unused eth0 to make the bridge interface.  I'm trying to
actually understand and figure it out, though.  Perhaps I don't need to
kinda waste a physical interface, and perhaps it won't work.)

--
Debian testing amd64