On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 23:31:21 +0200, Lionel Trésaugues wrote:

> I am experiencing a physical pain whenever I am in front of my computer
> running either Debian (Wheezy) or Debian-based distributions (such as
> Mint LMDE, XFCE or MATE edition). Switching from XFCE to MATE doesn't
> lead to any improvements .
>
> My eyes start to suffer and soon, I can feel that an headache is coming.

(...)

> Could you help me to solve this problem ?

Yes, but better if you describe in detail what kind of pain you are
feeling because how the screen has to look like can be sometimes a matter
of personal preference :-)

> Here are the specifications of my system :
>
> Computer : Acer Aspire 6930G
> Graphic card : GeForce 9600M GS (with the proprietary Nvidia drivers
> (version 302.17) enabled)
>
> My xorg.conf :

(...)

No "xorg.conf" file should be needed but in the event you want to use
it, better with the bare minium data configuration on it.

> The output from xrandr (when the VGA secondary display is disconnected):
>
> Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 1366 x 768, maximum 8192 x 8192
> VGA-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
> LVDS-0 connected 1366x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
> 353mm x 198mm
>    1366x768       60.0*+
> HDMI-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

Mmmm... At a first glance I see nothing wrong from the xrandr output,
I mean, technically speaking both resolution and refresh rate values
are right.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón