On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 05:30:29PM +0200, lee wrote:
> Rob Owens <row...@ptd.net> writes:
>
> > Looks like gecko-mediaplayer is the replacement for mozilla-mplayer.
> > Testing it now...
>
> Let me guess: It doesn't work.

I couldn't get it to work, but I may have gotten a lead.  Several
web articles talk about using FlashVideoReplacer add-on for Firefox
(which looks like it no longer exists), or a Greasemonkey script (so far
I haven't found one that works) in conjunction with one of these media
plugins.  Apparently the add-on or Greasemonkey script is required in
order to 1) tell the website that flash is installed, even though it may
not be, and 2) grab the flash file and display it with mplayer, vlc, or
something else.  It also seems from my reading that the scripts that
handle this may be specific to particular websites, and may need
updating as those websites change the way they do things.

I don't have time to look into it any more right now, but maybe that'll
help you in your quest.

-Rob