"(please, keep the replies "on list" ;-) )" -> Sorry for this

"So you remove them first the ones from Debian repos or how did you do?" ->
I didn't remove that before install the new ones. Should I prefer do that
next time installations?

So now I run this? "dpkg -l | grep -i mplayer" What will it do now?

Thanks