Johan Grönqvist wrote:
2012-12-18 04:49, Hugo Vanwoerkom skrev:
As an exercise in multiarch I tried installing
google-earth-stable_current_i386.deb in according to
http://wiki.debian.org/FAQsFromDebianUser#Multiarch.

Has anybody actually accomplished that?

What I ended up with is:

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of google-earth-stable:
google-earth-stable depends on lsb-core (>= 3.2).

But that is the i386 version of course and I never managed to get out of
that hole trying to install it.

I also tried and failed installing lsb-core:i386. lsb-core depends on a bunch of packages providing binaries, like python and make, and, as far as I know, multiarch does not allow co-installation of binaries, but only libraries.

My conclusion would be that you would need python and python:i386 at the same time, which multiarch does not support.

Thanks Johan, that is the reason. I missed that, that multiarch does not allow co-installation of binaries, but only libraries.

Hugo