On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 01:41:13PM -0600, Mark Copper wrote:

> However, the pdf file itself cannot be sent directly to the printer.  Nor do I
> have the ability to learn anything from the pdf file as it appears to be
> binary.

I think this bit is unrelated to your Iceweasel problem. I have it, too,
but I haven't bothered to fix it because, as you say, I just convert the
pdf to postscript and print that.

The last time I checked it had something to do with Evince choking on a
bug in libcairo. It appears that it was fixed over the summer, but the
fix may not have filtered down to us yet.

John