On 2013-01-24 16:58 +0100, Kelly Clowers wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 6:51 AM, Sven Joachim <svenj...@gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> I have crossgraded some packages in i386 chroots that way, but in the
>> current state of affairs I would definitely _not_ dare to try a full
>> crossgrade on my main system with almost 2000 installed packages.
>
> I bet it is doable.  I wish I had a 32 bit system to try it on, I love doing
> crazy things with the package manager, like when I combined
> significant parts of Ubuntu (X and GTK) into my Debian install,
> and later transitioned back to pure Debian.

As much as I love doing such crazy things myself, I also need a working
system and so restrict such experiments to chroots which can be thrown
away when things go wrong.  Mixing Ubuntu and Debian packages
willy-nilly is a recipe for disaster, as is trying to crossgrade from
i386 to amd64 ATM.

Cheers,
       Sven