Hi,

Not really an expert, but...

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Chris Evans <chrish...@psyctc.org> wrote:
> 1) General one: What is the approved way to sort out what hardware is in a
> machine and get that information onto the Debian HCL and to work out what
> works on it and what doesn't?

I'd say your favorite search engine. There are some "linux hardware"
istes and compatibility how-tos, although maybe not current. You can
forget the Toshiba forums,but there's a Toshiba-linux japanese forum
(in english) which might help you. The Toshiba website also has some
linux drivers, might give it a try.

> 2) Specific 1: does anyone have any advice about how to get better graphics
> resolution?

Which driver are you using at the moment? Which X? Which graphics
card? Have you tried the driver(s) that come with debian? Other OSS
driver(s)? The proprietary one(s)?

> 3) Specific 2: what should I do to debug the blacked out resume?  I wonder if
> it is a graphics driver issue so may be linked to #2 or even go away if I
> could get better fit between Squeeze and the graphics hardware perhaps.

Might be related to the motherboard?

Just guessing really..

HTH,
Nuno