On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 15:08:54 +1300
Chris Bannister <cbannis...@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 12:25:22PM -0500, Tom Roche wrote:
> >
> > > [ https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/6841) suggests]
>
> Just as an aside, I don't remember putting square brackets "[" and "]"
> around the url. I consider it unethical/bad practice to alter the
>  is   but make it look like that is what they wrote.
>
> > > rm /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin
> > > rm /var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin
> >
> > alas, no fix:
> >
> > $ sudo
> > rm /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin /var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin
> > /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/* /var/lib/apt/lists/* ;
> > sudo apt-get update ... $ sudo aptitude install r-base r-base-core
> > r-recommended r-base-dev ...
> > E: Failed to fetch
> > http://mirrors.nics.utk.edu/cran/bin/linux/debian/squeeze-cran/r-base-core_2.15.2-1~squeezecran.0_amd64.deb:
> > Hash Sum mismatch
>
> Since your box is in somewhat disarrary, you could
> "wget r-base-core_2.15.2-1~squeezecran.0_amd64.deb" then
> "dpkg -i r-base-core_2.15.2-1~squeezecran.0_amd64.deb" although you
> may run into conflicts and/or dependency problems.
>
> Also, the apt-get update output seems to be snipped, is the CRAN
> repository the only one in your sources.list?
>
> Finally, from what I've read on some of those Google hits, the "Hash
> Sum mismatch" error indicates you have packages which don't agree
> with APT and the mirror, although I don't know how APT works this
> out. If you can figure it could you please post the solution?
>
> TTBOMK, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, your troubles are
> somehow due to you not doing an apt-get upgrade.

Agreed, alter a quoted text is almost (?) a crime. At least a very bad
habit.
Punishment: write 100 lines, without copy/paste:
I shall not alter quoted text.
LOL

--
Debian Hint #35: In search for some games? Take a look at 'goplay',
which offers a nice frontend for browsing through all kind of games.