On 24/01/13 14:31, Sthu Deus wrote:
Good time of the day.

Excuse me for off-topic.

Could You please comment this auth. failure:

localhost auth: pam_unix(dovecot:auth): authentication failure;
logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=dovecot ruser=null rhost=91.201.64.249

?

As I understand this - one tried to login to dovecot - but dovecot was
What do you mean for "dovecot". Dovecot manages various services:

110 POP
143 IMAP
2000 or 4190 MANAGESIEVE

Do you are sure you blocked all dovecot ports?

Can you make a scan port to your host and verify that your firewall works as you expected?

If you saved the logs, then you also have the dovecot logs in mail.log, did you find the entry that correspond with this line in auth.log? Then you can know to what dovecot process the "attacker" connected.
closed by firewall from that IP, or it was tried from local side and
therefore I have a security issue inside of my system?

Thank You for Your time.

Sthu.