Le 29/01/2013 15:17, Raffaele Morelli a écrit :
2013/1/29 dAgeCKo <dage...@free.fr <mailto:dage...@free.fr>>

    Hello,

    I am currently facing a strange problem with ALSA and Jack. I play
    electric guitar sometimes and I use my computer as a medium to
    output the sound. For this, I use jack, with alsa as the driver.
    Half of the time, everything is just fine, the audio output of my
    guitar is just what it should be.
    However, sometimes, the sound is completely low, distorted and with
    a lot of cracklings and looks to have been produced by an awful and
    very old synthesizer.
    Most of the time this is happening after I have been watching videos
    with mplayer2 (threw smplayer). But strangely enough, this doesn't
    happen any times after this.
    I have been looking toward to reproduce this, but unfortunately with
    no success at all. So I know this won't help to find where the bug
    is, but if it is an already well known one (I have very few hopes
    for this).

    For more information, here is my system:

    Debian Wheezy AMD64 (with some i386 programs installed as multiarch
    so that my printer works), up-to-date, running the latest available
    kernel (amd64, no rt).

    Graphical environment is XFCE so that I don't have pulseaudio (it is
    well known, and I could confirm this, that pulseaudio does not live
    well with jack). However, I still have some pulseaudio libs
    installed (due to dependencies): libpulse0 (too many dependencies),
    libpulse-mainloop-glib0 (for kdevelop, which then needs libphonon).

    My sound card is:

    02:00.0 Audio device: Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium series [EMU20k2]
    (rev 04)
             Subsystem: Creative Labs SB X-Fi Titanium PCI-e [SB0880]
             Memory at fe200000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
             Memory at fe000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2M]
             Memory at fd000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
             Capabilities: <access denied>
             Kernel driver in use: snd_ctxfi

    About the softwares:

    jd@entropia:~$ jackd --version
    jackd version 0.122.0 tmpdir /dev/shm protocol 24
    jd@entropia:~$ jack --version
    This is jack 3.1.1 (C)2004 Arne Zellentin <za...@users.sf.net
    <mailto:za...@users.sf.net>>

    Thanks for any kind of help in advance.

check input levels with alsamixer, the app you are using can change
input levels.
are you using guitarix or what?

I use nothing else. Levels are OK.
If it was only the volume levels I won't have such awful noise that has very few to do with my guitar sound.

-r

PS jack has nothing to do with jackd

Yes, sorry for this, I did it quickly and didn't pay attention if this program was related to jackd or not. But I know I never use it, only jackd threw qjacktl.

--
/L'unica speranza di catarsi, ammesso che ne esista una, resta affidata
all'istinto di ribellione, alla rivolta non isterilita in progetti, alla