> stun server is mainly used for Voice and Video due to their UDP in
> nature. so that if UDP recipient want to response back with voice or
> video packet it returns back to Stun and stun route back to our local
> server. but the question is why?. if i have a public Ip which is
> published behind "example.com" and i have all the necessary port
> forwarded to the jabber server so the recipient end could  send its
> response to my public IP rather then stun server and in my opinion it
> should work as all the ports are properly forwarded.

Stun servers do not perform any routing.  All they do, is let your
computer know which IP and port number it's using (as seen from the
other end), so it can tell the other end, which IP and port number to
use to contact it back.
In your case, *you* might know these things, but your VOIP program
probably doesn't (unless you manually tell it).

        Stefan