On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 09:27:01 -0500 "Wayne Topa linux...@gmail.com"
 sent this:

        >On 03/08/2013 08:29 AM, Charlie wrote:
>>
>>     I can't seem to update or upgrade? Are the Debian mirrors
>>      working?
>>
>> I have tried:
>> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main non-free contrib
>> deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main non-free contrib
>>
>> also:
>> deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main non-free contrib
>> deb-src http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main non-free contrib
>>
>> also:
>> deb http://ftp.nz.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main non-free contrib
>> deb-src http://ftp.nz.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main non-free contrib
>>
>> Nothing happening?
>>
>> Maybe all those repositories are down?
>>

>The US link has been haveing dns problems for a few days now.
>
>Just checked the AU & NZ links and they are OK from here.
>
>HTH
>--
>Wayne

Thanks Wayne,

Much appreciated I went to bed at 1:45am and had no joy, but after all
the chores were done animals fed and bottle fed at 7:45am tried the
Australian mirror and it was fine.

Thank you.

I tend to fall back on the US link if any of the others don't seem to
work. Might not have been the right choice this time.

Charlie
    --
        Registered Linux User:- 329524

        Government is at best but an expedient; but most governments
        are usually, and all governments are sometimes, inexpedient.
        The objections which have been brought against a standing army,
        and they are many and weighty, and deserve to prevail, may also
        at last be brought against a standing government. ......Henry
        David Thoreau