Le 15/03/2013 19:26, Ethan Rosenberg, PhD a écrit :
On 03/14/2013 07:16 PM, Gary Dale wrote:
On 14/03/13 06:45 PM, Ethan Rosenberg, PhD wrote:
On 03/14/2013 06:32 PM, Gary Dale wrote:
On 14/03/13 06:18 PM, Ethan Rosenberg, PhD wrote:

Ethan Rosenberg, PhD
/Pres/CEO/
*Hygeia Biomedical Research, Inc*
2 Cameo Ridge Road
Monsey, NY 10952
T: 845 352-3908
F: 845 352-7566
erosenb...@hygeiabiomedical.com

On 03/14/2013 05:01 PM, Gary Dale wrote:
On 14/03/13 04:44 PM, Ethan Rosenberg, PhD wrote:
On 03/14/2013 03:16 PM, m...@neidorff.com wrote:
                     Dear list -

      When I boot my Debian [6.0.1] I receive a message "SSDT not found."
   How do I fix it?

      Thanks.

      Ethan
Did you check the media that you booted from and make sure that it passedthe
MD5SUM or other test?
===========
Mark -

Thanks.

I bought this laptop from eBay as a used unit. It had Windows XP loaded when received, and displayed the same problem.. I installed the Debian from official disks.

Ethan

I'm confused by it complaining about SQL Server Data Tools.  :)

What do you mean by "It had Windows XP loaded when received, and displayed the same problem"? Were you able to boot into XP originally? Can you boot into Debian?

This message seems to be related to the BIOS and may be cured by going into the BIOS and resetting everything to the defaults. You can also try running memtest86 to verify that your RAM is good.

Mark -

What do you mean by "It had Windows XP loaded when received, and displayed the same problem"? When I purchased the computer, Windows XP was loaded on it. It booted perfectly, but displayed the same error message. I thought that the error was a function of XP, so I did nothing at that point.

Were you able to boot into XP originally?  See above.

Can you boot into Debian?  Yes.

This message seems to be related to the BIOS and may be cured by going into the BIOS and resetting everything to the defaults. Did it, no luck.

You can also try running memtest86 to verify that your RAM is good. I think that is a Windows function. No response from Debian.

SSDT -

From Wikepedia - Secondary System Description Table <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Configuration_and_Power_Interface#Firmware_interface>, an ACPI table.

Ethan

No. Memtest86 is a bootable program that you can start from a USB stick or most Debian installations. It should be on the grub menu when you boot.

Mark -

Thanks.

Neither Memtest86 or memtest86 work ....but...

I do not get any memory errors when I boot.

I think, in my ignorance, that is some software for power management. My apologies, but the total error message as I remember, is:
"SSDT not found. No support for power management for dual core processors".

Ethan

memtest86 is not a command that you type. It is on the grub menu when you boot.
Mark -

Thanks.

No errors found.

Ethan

It seems SSDT is a BIOS thing dealing with power management... Why incriminate Debian when you get same error in booting windows ?

And your latest message is very clear SSDT is a power management thing.