Le Dimanche 19 Octobre 2003 00:04, TR a déclamé :
> I want to be able to access the pics and short movies in my memory
> stick, but I can't figure out how to do it. After googling, I found
> some recommendation about adding the /etc/fstab entry: /dev/sda1 etc...
> Well, I tried that, but when I try to mount it to its mounting point I
> get the response:/dev/sda1 is not a valid device.

 Try with sdb1, sdc1, sdd1, etc.

(without using fstab :
mount -t vfat -o sync,user /dev/sdb1 /mountpoint
)

 I've got a USB stick, a CF/SD/MS card reader, a Palm, all connected at
the same time, and the device seems to change with the order of
connection, it changes after each reboot...

 (If someone knows how to make them stick to one /dev/sdX, I'd be glad to
know...)

--
Christophe Courtois - Ostwald, Alsace, France
http://www.courtois.cc/ - Clé PGP : 0F33E837