Dear Roger,

Roger Leigh wrote:
> If you build things on a regular basis, install "schroot" and "sbuild",
> and configure schroot to use "snapshot" chroots.  This will give you
> the same setup used on the buildds.  You can create snapshots from
> .tar.gz|bz2|xz (file), LVM LVs (lvm-snapshot) or Btrfs subvolumes
> (btrfs-snapshot), or use writable overlays (aufs/unionfs).  This gives
> you speed (the snapshots can be deleted almost instantaneously), and
> safety (everything is built in a pristine clean temporary chroot
> environment).

Thanks for the suggestion, though such a setup is probably a little
bit too heavy given my rather casual building and the constrained
environment of my notebook. I will definitely look into it again
should I ever manage to sensibly contribute to FOSS.

Best regards & thank you very much for your work on Debian,

Claudius
--
Please don’t CC me.