Hi : I have a hard disk /dev/sda and a removable disk /dev/sdb The 1st
partition
is a vista partition, but this has been inoperable for some time /dev/sda2
has a linux
stable partition /dev/sdb1 has linux unstable (aptosid) on it, Yesterday I
was upgrading to Linux 3.9.2  and thereafter I got this error. The updrade
did nt\ot go to
completion. I have a super frub rescue disk with which I can start 3.9.2,
but I am unable to repair the grub with update grub and grub-install
/dev/sda. I have blanked out the first 512 sectors of dev/sda but that
didn't help. Presumably grub is unabke
to find grub.cfg.Trying to run grub-install with other versions of Linux
did not help. *s *this a bug in grub  or is there something I can do to
overcome this. I cab see in
Google thaqt others have had this file not found error. I have tried  every
likely thing ,but I am aksways left in rescue mode when booting, I'd
appreciate any suggestion
Are there any logd which I can look at?

Sebastian