On Mon, 20 May 2013 02:48:55 -0400 (EDT), Sven wrote:

> Good luck in patching LILO to work without a BIOS.

It is true that lilo requires a BIOS interface.  However, many
EFI/UEFI machines also provide a BIOS for forward compatibility;
so lilo may still work.

However, for those EFI/UEFI machines that do not have a BIOS
interface, those looking for an alternative to grub2 may want
to look at elilo.  I've never used it myself; but it appears
that elilo is a boot loader based in design on lilo that is
designed to use the EFI interface.  I'd be interested in
feedback from elilo users out there on how well it works and
how they like it.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :