Hi

you have to reply using my email too since i am not subscribed..

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 03:58:30PM +0100, Dirk wrote:
Hello,

my beloved Microsoft reputation management shills \:D/

How is freedesktop reinventing Windows badly today?

I know, right?

:D

? Sounds like you do.

they would be stupid not to have reputation management shills in the forums and mailing lists of their competitors.. and pessimists never get dissapointed...

Grub 2.00 (unstable) failed me the 2nd time now and resulted in a
unuseable system showing only the grub rescue console that does *nothing*

Grub 2.00 does everything now and nothing right... not even load a kernel..

That is shit.

So... how can we help?  Without any more details, we are left in
suspense and can only guess...

i updated from the old unstable to the new unstable during the last stable release... everything went smooth except the grub 2.00 update... after reboot it ended up showing the worthless grub rescue console...

so i downgraded grub to 1.99 from stable... yesterday i tried again with the same results...

i haven't tried installing unstable from scratch yet... but i guess it will work then so it would be pointless to do that...

it is bad when linux stops working before the kernel was even loaded...

so i advice to ditch grub in favor of lilo since it does nothing much except what it is supposed to do... it doesn't even troll users with a worthless rescue console that doesn't rescue shit...

Thanks,
Dirk