On 17/06/13 07:34 PM, Pietro Paolini wrote:

Hello all,

I bought a Lenovo laptop T430 wich work perfectely with wheezy if I
don't mind about my video card, the second monitor is not detected and I
can just see "Unknow" and got a ridicolus resolution. The video card is

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core
processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)

And I installed the xserver-xorg-video-intel

In adding when I try to execute "Xorg -config" I got an error:
Falling back to old probe method for fbdev
Falling back to old probe method for vesa
Number of created screen not match number of deteced devices

What's wrong ?

You're trying too hard. You don't need to install the xserver-xorg-video-intel separately. If your original setup was working on the laptop display, you just need to get the second one working.

1) can the laptop display simultaneously to both the internal and external monitors? Most laptops do but it's not guaranteed to be a feature.

2) generally you have buttons on the laptop to control whether video goes to the second monitor or not. Sometimes you need the buttons to set the proper mode (internal only, external only, simultaneous) to get the monitor to be identified.

Sorry but not familiar with your model, but my old Thinkpad A31p runs fine with two monitors. However I have had problems getting both screens to operate simultaneously with different resolutions. It's not always a slam-dunk. I don't do it often so when I do, I keep my fingers crossed.