Hi,
I have a debian machine which was on for a long time (~months). Just moved
house and rebooted and now it doesn't boot.

My 4 harddrives are organised in pairs of RAID 1 (Mirrored) with LVM
spanning them. Originally there was just one pair, but then I got two new
hard drives and added them. I then increased the space of VolGroup-LogVol03
to cover these new drives and increase the space of Home (/ wass on one of
the other logical volume groups). This all worked fine for ages.

When I boot all four drives are detected in BIOS and I've check all the
connections.

It gets to "3 logical volumes in volume group "VolGroup" now active" which
sounds good.
Then "Activating lvm and md swap.. done"
"Checking file sysmtes...fsck from util-linux-ng 2.17.2"
Says
/dev/sde1: clean
/dev/sda1:clean
/dev/mapper/VolGroup-LogVol01: clean
/dev/mapper/VolGroup-LogVol02: clean

Then here's the error:
"fsck.ext4: No such file or directory while trying to open
/dev/mapper/VolGroup-LogVol03
/dev/mapper/VolGroup-LogVol03:
........."

NB. All partitions are Ext4, from memory.

It then drops to a maintenance shell. and says to check a log
(/var/log/fsck/checkfs) but I don't even have a log directory at this point
in the boot process.

I'm wondering if some of the drive id's have been switched.

Apologies for quoting, I'm not using the computer in question.

Any help would be really appreciated. I'm worried I've lost all my data on
home
Thanks,
James