Hi

Thanks for your advise, I am a little lost here,
My motherboard has Intel(R) GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) for internet
connection, I don't have an independent ethernet card that uses pci slot,
This is the specification of my motherboard:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4488#sp

I checked the firmware, I don't know which one is needed for Intel(R) GbE LAN
chip (10/100/1000 Mbit),
should I get an independent ethernet card?
or should I download any driver from intel?

Sorry to bother so much, I am pretty new to linux.

Thanks,

Kind Regards,
Yongbo

Mr. Yongbo Zuo
Design Engineer 2
Advanced Micro Devices, MHDC, Fort Collins, CO
Master of Science
Computer Engineering in Virginia Tech
Phone: 5408087209
Mailing Address: 2950 E Harmony Rd, Suite 300, Fort Collins, CO 80528

--心有多坚
            ~ 路有多远!